I’ve been busy busy busy since Annabelle has been feeling better. The yardwork for the end of the year is getting done and I’m scrambling with my friends to get a new parenting group started, as our current group has suddenly and completely dissolved. Ah, yes, yet another wonderful thing for me to take on! <3
Gotta get my organizing hat on!
This week, my favourites are:
- Food Renegade, a blog about real food, nutrition and rebelling against the current food industry to heal our guts and better feed our families. Very cool.
- Madsen Bicycles! I can’t get over how freaking cool these are – they’re a regular bicycle with an extra-long frame that accommodates a large bucket for cargo like groceries, garden plants and camping gear, and it even has two seats with seatbelts for children! I gotta have it. It’s definitely out of my price range, but next summer, a green transportation solution for myself and my daughters will be found. Mark my words!
- My new Writers Get Real group! I created a little info page for anyone interested in joining or snagging a button for their sidebar. Come play with us!
I’ve been making a whole lot of new friends this week and finding all kinds of fresh blogs to read – here are just a few:
- Technically an old friend of mine (we’ve been following each other around on the internet for a few years now.. holy moly!), Heather is a mega-talented writer I adore. This particular recent post of hers about responsibility, frugality and making positive changes was so inspiring to me. Love her madly – go read In Among the Heather.
- She Makes a Home has some really adorable September desktop/iPhone freebies for you to snatch. I love the quote they have on them!
- And finally, Mrs. ShuGar reminds us all to live our lives with love.