There has been a lot of great stuff floating around online this week and I’m so excited to share it!
- Some of my friends have been chatting about co-housing. I had never heard of it, but it’s a fascinating and completely intriguing concept to me! The basic idea is that you form a community of a number of individual houses that like minded members purchase for their families, all in close proximity to one another. There is a common housing unit containing meeting rooms, a children’s play room, a large kitchen and dining area for communal dinners and probably guest rooms for temporary visitors. There are gardens and many other sustainable practices at work and everyone pitches in. The income you have is your own aside from the regular fee paid to the common house. You end up with the best of both worlds – a tight-knit, safe community and the privacy of keeping your own home!
I love this idea, and I wish that I was able to start something like that – how amazing would that be? We could have huge canning days, big crafting parties, birthday gatherings, harvest feasts.. my head is spinning! What a great place it could be to raise children, to gain support from your neighbors (who inevitably become your best friends, of course) and to even grow old. What a dream.
- Speaking of dreams – I don’t think I’ve felt quite this optimistic about mine in some time. I’m slowly starting to realize that the people who succeed at what they love are no different or better than I. It’s all happening!!!
- If you follow me on twitter you may have seen me gushing about a video I saw very recently. As someone who has suffered with OCD my entire life, it deeply resonated with me. I looked ridiculous blubbering hysterically in my living room the other night. It’s such a beautiful piece of poetry, and performed so well.
- Jeff Goins has been a great inspiration to me this week.
- Mavis Butterfield from One Hundred Dollars a Month has already harvested 416 pounds of produce from her garden this year! I want to be just like her when I ‘grow up’. Heh. Just wonderful.
Have a great weekend everyone!